It’s Thanksgiving Day! Before you enjoy that turkey, and other traditional treats, take a moment and think about what you have to be thankful for. Even as we struggle with the worst moments of our lives, we can still find reasons to be grateful. Maybe today is one of those days for you, but I hope not. I truly pray that this Thanksgiving is a day full of joy and reminders of everything amazing in your life from the past year.
Here’s a little bit from my list:
- I’m thankful for my God, the Father and Creator for the universe that we live in and all of the wonders in it. I’m thankful for the Earth, and the beauty that we find in it. I’m thankful for how the whole of creation inspires the creators within us.
- I’m thankful for my Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ. I’m thankful for his sacrifice. I’m thankful for his mercy. I’m thankful for his words and his example. I’m thankful that I’m allowed to follow him.
- I’m thankful for the Holy Spirit, the Helper and Comforter. I’m thankful for my growing understanding of his presence. I’m thankful for his guidance.
- I’m thankful for my wife. For so many reasons, she is the perfect woman for me, and I wouldn’t have become the man that I am today without her inspiring and supporting me.
- I’m thankful for my children, and the opportunity to raise them. I’m thankful that each one of them is different, and that they each teach me something new about myself.
- I’m thankful for my family. My parents, grandparents, and sister. I’m thankful for the family I married into. I’m thankful for all of these voices speaking into my life.
- I’m thankful that for the work that I am able to do. I’m thankful that I’m healthy enough, and skilled enough to work steadily. I’m thankful that my work allows me the time and resources to give back through my church and charities.
- I’m thankful for the growing community of friends and mentors that are a part of my life. I’m thankful for what each one of them contributes. I’m thankful that I have been entrusted with each relationship.
There are so many reasons to be grateful, more than any list could cover. What are you thankful for today?
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.